ECEC’s mission is to enable children and families to achieve the greatest possible degree of independence, dignity, and use of strengths for personal fulfillment.
Our core beliefs include:
- A child is a child first and is viewed as a whole person.
- No single approach fits everyone; individualized programs are essential.
- A collaborative and interdisciplinary approach best taps individual knowledge and insight.
- Each family is unique.
- Parents are full partners in our work.
- Children need people who care.
- We prepare each student for their next educational experience.
The structure of our organization is designed to nurture inspirations and reduce discouragements. We include as elements:
- A constant search for better methods, tools, and answers; delving, inquiring, and being open.
- Communicating to ensure that everyone has pertinent information and has opportunities to share their knowledge.
- A style that encourages acceptance, trust, and respect among staff and the children and families we serve.
- Share the same philosophy, although we may be at different locations.
We believe ECEC is distinguished in its field by these characteristics:
- We keep sight of our vision for children and families
- We do what we say we will do.
- We establish a partnership among children, parents, and staff that fully uses the strengths of each contributor.
- Growth and achievement for children and families are at the heart of every ECEC activity.
- We are proud of our good reputation with school districts.
- We continually strive to consider, adapt, and change the classroom environment to meet both the individual needs and unique groupings of children.
Interested in joining ECEC? Click here for open positions.